Freelance Junior Project Manager
VO Europe is a fast-growing agency delivering high-quality communication and content services to European institutions. Our ambition is to reduce the communication gap between European citizens and their institutions. Recent events organized by VO Europe on behalf of the European Commission include the European Research and Innovation Days, the European Development Days and the EU Industry Days.
In order to strengthen our team, VO Europe is currently recruiting several Junior Project Managers.
- Under the supervision of a Project Manager: develop project concepts, plan and execute events and communication campaigns from start to finish. Ensure that the project requirements, target audience and set objectives are met.
- Coordinate and manage small project operations under the supervision of a Project Manager
- Assist in the preparation of narrative offers and concepts
- Assist with budgets and take care of budgetary follow-up and margin targets
- Source and negotiate prices with vendors/sub-contractors
- Ensure seamless execution of events and communication campaigns in accordance with client requirements (e.g., reporting, deadlines, invoicing, project documentation etc.)
- Respect of the company’s KPIs
- Assist Project Managers with the quality management of project reports
- Assist with the invoicing of projects
- Assist with the hiring of event/project personnel (e.g., freelancers, hostesses, catering, photographers, etc.)
- Involvement in the agency's development
Required skills and knowledge :
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Business, Communication, Finance, Project Management, etc.), or equivalent working experience
- Experience in event management, communications or marketing
- Good knowledge of European projects or European politics
- Excellent command of English (at least C1 level)
- Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a strong asset
- Another European language is an asset
- Experience with social media (SOME) is a strong asset
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented mind
- Strong team player
- Problem-solving and creative mindset
- Possession of the high standards of oral and written communication, with a customer service-oriented mindset
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize work
- CSR general knowledge is an asset
How to apply?
Apply through our website: https://www.vo-europe.eu/en/jobs
Please use the following naming convention for the CV and cover letter: NAME_Position_Date, and make sure to specify the position you are applying for in your cover letter.
Only applications following this process will be considered.
VO Europe ensures that the personal data of all candidates are processed in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679). We will process your data only for the purposes of recruitment and we will keep it only for a defined period of time while maintaining high-security measures.
VO Europe gives equal opportunity to all candidates, who can expect to be evaluated as individuals based on qualifications and experience rather than based on their belonging to a certain group or category.